martes, 2 de noviembre de 2010

Soy mince





Since my first entry was huge, I chose a short one now. This time around I made my own version of "Tofu mince", from a recipe book called Believe it or Not, it's Tofu, by Mexican naturopath Mónica Noviello. 

Ingredients:

3 squares tofu, dried and crushed. BUT, I used 2 cups okara (see previous entry)
4 chopped tomatoes
1 finely chopped large onion
2 chopped serrano peppers (optional)
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped olives (I used peas)
1/3 cup raisins (I used chopped prunes)
1 tsp finely chopped parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbs cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
In a pan, heat the oil and fry the onion until it is transparent. Add tomato, cook one minute longer and add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.

Can be used to stuff peppers (chiles rellenos), or eaten as a main course with a side dish of yummy brown rice. 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario